Date : February 17, 2019
Sundays (11 a.m – 1:30 p.m) and Fridays (1:00 p.m – 2 p.m.)
In the Name of Allah, the Most Merciful, the Most Gracious
Zakat is one of the Pillar of Islam. It is sometimes translated as alms or poor-due, but actually means purification, growth, and blessing.
Zakat purifies the heart from the detested trait of stinginess, and also purifies the wealth by giving out a portion of that wealth. It also causes the wealth to grow through Allah’s blessings. While regular charity is strongly recommended and abundantly rewarded by Allah (S.W.T.), Zakat is a debt we owe Allah (S.W.T.), and must be paid as a part of our belief in Him.
WHO MUST PAY ZAKAT?
Zakat is obligatory on every Muslim, male or female, who has an amount of money, called “Nisab”, in excess of his/her basic needs that has stayed in his/her possession for one whole lunar year.
Under Zakah Services we can have sub-titles such as
# Donate your Zakah to ISNS
Donate your Zakat online and ISNS shall distribute it to the needy Muslims in our local community
- Mail your check to the following address ‘3950 Industrial Avenue Rolling Meadows, IL 60008, USA’ plus write the name or memo.
- Drop it off in Zakah portion of the drop box in the Masjid.
# Need Financial Assistance?
Please follow the process below:
Step 1: Application submission
- Applicants can print out an application here or pick up a paper copy from ISNS.
- Completed application, with all the required and supporting documents, can be submitted
. In person on Sundays (11 a.m .– 1:30 p.m.) and Fridays (1:00 p.m. – 2 p.m.)
. Dropped in the Zakat application drop box outside the office during any Salah time
. Mailed in @ the following address <Zakah Chairman, ISNS Address>
. Emailed @ ZakahTeam@isns.org (we would need this address to aliased with Zeeshan@isns.org)
Step 2: Verify details
- Once the application is submitted, Zakah team member will reach out to the applicant over the phone or in person for an interview.
Step 3: Determination and Payment
- Zakah team shall review the application with all the supporting documents to make a determination for approval or rejection, or how much amount should be given if approved.
- Applicants may pick up the check in person from the office or in some cases the checks are mailed out to the applicant.
- The standard turnaround time for processing the application is 7 days.